Smart Guide to Geothermal
We are pleased to announce the release of the new book The Smart Guide to Geothermal - How to Harvest Earth's Free Energy for Heathing and Cooling by Don Lloyd.
Discover why geothermal heat pumps are the most energy efficient technology for heating and cooling, and how all homes— new or retrofit, in hot or cold climates—can use this reliable, silent, non-polluting way of extracting free energy from the earth.Geothermal system options, including open-loop, closed-loop and DX configurations, using horizontal and vertical earth loops
• Finding a qualified contractor
• Costs, tax credits and payback issues, plus calculating increased home values
• Who is using geothermal energy, including the author's firsthand experiences and home profiles from around the country as well as an overview of commercial systems
• Incorporating solar electricity
• Unraveling the science and technology of geothermal heat pumps (GHPs)
• Understanding GHP performance standards, ratings and warranties
• Comprehensive appendix with FAQs, helpful resources (manufacturers, state energy offices, etc.), and a career section
Don Lloyd is an electrical engineer now retired from Honeywell after 35 years in marketing, engineering and project management. He has extensive experience in taking complex subjects (such as mosaic infrared detectors) and explaining how they work in terms understood by the general public. Don and his wife live happily with their own geothermal system in the Hudson River Valley of New York.
Technical advisor Michael Hunt contributed his real-world experience, gained from over 27 years of designing, installing, manufacturing, consulting and training in the geothermal heat pump industry.
The Smart Guide to Geothermal copyright 2011 Digtheheat.com